We help visionary entrepreneurs
create a more healthy, active, and fulfilling world.
WHAT WE DO
Wild Ventures is an angel fund focused on consumer health products and technology. We believe that the best way to combat chronic health conditions is lifestyle -- not pills and surgery -- so we invest in companies that empower people to lead healthier lives.
Wild Ventures helps founders:
- Raise capital from true believers.
- Develop awesome products.
- Influence the Influencers.
- Find & grow your tribe.
- Meet strategics.
Unlike many traditional VC funds, Wild Ventures is particularly good at distribution and sales. When we find a product we love and believe in -- made by founders who are true believers -- we help you reach people who care about healthy living. A lot of them.
Lifestyle touches many industries...
- Health Tech (apps, home diagnostics & tracking, marketplaces, 3-D printing, etc.)
- Media (platforms, networks)
- Food & Beverage (healthy brands, recovery drinks, nootropics)
- Sports & Fitness (equipment, apparel, performance, races & gyms)
- Home & Office (lifestyle design, productivity, lighting, sleep tech)
- Skin & Beauty (natural cosmetics, anti-aging)
- Microbiome (gut, skin)
- Animals (pets, livestock)
- Agriculture & Sustainability
- …and more.
...but we avoid scalpels, pills, bills, and shills.
- Medical devices (non-consumer)
- Pharma & biotech
- B2B healthcare
- Diet fads and scams
WHO WE ARE
Wild Ventures is led by John Durant. Depending on the engagement, John collaborates with relevant strategics in consumer health.
Past deals have included:
- Mark Sisson, a leader of the paleo movement (MarksDailyApple.com)
- Mike Geary, fitness mega-affiliate, founder at The Truth About Abs
- Michelle Tam, Nom Nom Paleo, "the Martha Stewart of Paleo" (NomNomPaleo.com)
- Chris Kresser, NY Times best-selling author (ChrisKresser.com)
- Katie the Wellness Mama (WellnessMama.com)
- Robb Wolf, NY Times best-selling author (RobbWolf.com)
Wild Ventures has advised and/or co-invested in deals with:
- Thiel Capital
- Greycroft Partners
- Collaborative Fund
- Upfront Ventures
- Tim Ferriss
John Durant is the NYT bestselling author of The Paleo Manifesto and Spartan Fit! by Joe De Sena, founder of Spartan Race. He studied evolutionary psychology at Harvard under Steven Pinker before moving to New York City and becoming a “professional caveman”: mimicking a hunter-gatherer diet, running barefoot through Central Park, experimenting with intermittent fasting, and doing polar bear swims in the Atlantic. John has been featured in the New York Times and The New Yorker, interviewed on The Colbert Report and NPR Morning Edition, and has been rated one of The 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness. Prior to becoming a professional caveman, he spent three and a half years at an ad tech startup after a stint in management consulting.